The monthly membership is £25 payable by standing order. You can cancel at any time, but please read info below on membership holidays and rejoining.
Most events are included in the membership. Events such as bowling, cinema etc and events organised by third parties such as Goodwood Revival, Lordington Lavender will obviously carry a charge.
Refreshments on walks are always optional - so you can just attend for the walk. However, breakfasts, lunches and suppers are not included and down to individual food choices. All restaurant bills are paid individually - there is no spilting of bills to ensure fairness.
Always check the event description for what is included.
No, Harbour Magic is open to anyone looking to make the most of their social life, connect with local people, and enjoy the companionship of like minded people in a fun and safe environment.
I don't actually ask members their age! However, currently, most members are between their late 40's to late 60's - with a few either side of that at a guess!
No, you must be a member of Harbour Magic to book on events
Under some rare circumstances (usually bad weather) some events may be cancelled by either myself or a third party organiser. If it is an "in house" event, I will try to rearrange the event as soon as possible, offering another date. On some occasions, usually creative workshops, we may not have the required minimum number.
If third party organisers cancel an event, you can apply to them directly for a refund.
You will be notified by email if an event has to be cancelled. I will also post a notice at the top of the "Members Only" web page. Always check the website before setting off.
Subscriptions are monthly, so if you find Harbour Magic is not for you then you may cancel your membership by emailing me before the next month's payment. is due to let me know you are cancelling your standing order.
"Membership holidays" are not available and if you cancel your membership and wish to rejoin at a later date, please note that there is a "rejoining fee" of £75.
By becoming a member of Harbour Magic, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1. To take personal responsibility for your own actions and not hold Harbour Magic responsible for any injury or loss you might encounter yourself during an event organised by Harbour Magic.
2. You are also agreeing not to hold Harbour Magic responsible for any third party injury, damage or loss incurred as a result of your action whilst attending a Harbour Magic event.
3. Photographs or film may be taken at events for the purpose of publicity on the website or social media of Harbour Magic. If you do not wish to be photographed then please let Harbour Magic know when joining. It is important for us to share the photos with other members who have attended the events and with new enquirers who want to know a little more about Harbour Magic and what we do. We will always aim to ensure that all photos used are in good taste and unlikely to cause offence however, if you see a photograph you would not like to be used please contact us with details and in the case of web photos we will remove them ASAP and in the case of printed materials we will ensure that the photo is not used in further print runs.
4. Ownership of all photographs uploaded remain with the photographer and you agree not to use these or other members' photographs for any purpose away from the Harbour Magic website without prior permission from the owner.
5. Members shall conduct themselves when participating in all events in a sensible, safe and social manner towards all other members and towards the General Public and towards all those persons firms or companies providing members with instruction or guidance in connection with the participation by members in events.
6. Harbour Magic reserves the right at all times to expel a Member or prevent a member from renewing Membership.
7. Members must disclose to Harbour Magic in advance of participation in any event, medical conditions that may have an effect on the member’s ability to participate in any event. Harbour Magic cannot be held liable should members not have disclosed medical conditions in advance of an event and ultimately members must make an informed decision on each event for themselves.
8. Communication – Harbour Magic will communicate with you via email, text and social media information relevant to your membership. e.g. emailing event details, any changes in subscription fees, last minute changes to events because of unpredictable weather.
9. Payments and Cancellation of Subscription - payments will be taken each month for subscriptions at the agreed rate when signing up for membership. Other subscription offers may appear at a later stage to attract new members but existing members may not cancel and rejoin. You may however, cancel your subscription if you feel that Harbour Magic is not for you at any time. If you wish to rejoin at a later date, there is a "rejoining fee" of £75. "Membership holidays" are not available.
10. Cancellation of Events - If you have to cancel an event, please contact me directly as soon as possible. It may be possible to open up the place for someone else., depending on how late the cancellation is.
11. If you have any complaints, please email email@example.com and we will address your concerns as quickly as possible.